Tuesday, March 24, 2009

This is just me thinking out loud.
Today, I think I need to add a little 'pop' to the current painting.
I need to add some darks and color to the closest kids, to bring them forward a bit, and add some depth to the whole thing.
The little girl on the lower left (she actually has on a very colorful swimsuit), the tall girl (also on the left), and the two boys on the right who are running into the spray are my most obvious targets for enhancement.
The little girl with the red shirt who's holding her hand out in front of her is very cute, and adds a lot of visual interest, so I think she also needs a bit of refinement. She's wearing a little star-shaped sheriff's badge on her swimsuit. I like that a lot.
I'm not too crazy about that little guy in the foreground, who's bent over with both hands out in front of him.
I either need to make him bigger, or take him out completely.
I haven't decided which way to go with him just yet.
I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home