Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ok, I'm trying to be better with keeping this blog more or less current.
So, here's a couple of paintings that I did this week.
They were both done for the WDE (weekly drawing event) at Wetcanvas.com.
The first is 12X12" oil on Masonite.
I really doing images like this one.
There are a lot of things going on, and lots of visual interest.
It was done in two sittings, on Tuesday afternoon (3/10/09).
All told, I've got just over 2 hours invested in this one



The second one is 12X12" acrylic on Masonite.I know; it looks kind of "cartoon-ish", or like an illustration for a childrens book.
What can I say? At least I quit painting on cardboard any more!.
It's another WDE painting, completed on Monday afternoon.
This one was done in just 2 hours time.




Oh yeah, I almost forgot this one. This one is still sitting on my easel. I havent worked on it all week. This is my biggest piece yet at 24X32". I know it'll get finished eventually, but I find it hard to maintain my enthusiasm for several days. I'm rather impatient, and I like to complete a painting in one or two sittings. I will finish it up though, 'cause I really like the color and texture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home