Monday, March 02, 2009

Wow.
It's hard to believe it's already March!
I'm afraid that I've been neglecting this blog again.
Sorry, but real life gets in the way of art sometimes.
Here's a couple of things I've done lately.....
First, a couple of quick ones that I did for the Weekly Drawing Event (WDE) on Wetcanvas.com.
We're only allowed two hours to work on each one, so be nice.

This one (the boat) is 5X7" oil on a cheap canvas board.


Next is a 6X6" oil on Masonite called Close Shave (also a WDE piece).












And here's a Pineapple that I did just for fun.
I just really needed to paint something (anything!).
It's 12X12" oil on Masonite.
I didn't spend a lot of time working on it, but I'm pretty happy with this one.












And finally, here's a preview of what's coming up next.
I started this one yesterday (3/1/09).
It's my biggest painting yet (24X32"), and so far I'm having a blast with it.
I know it doesn't look so great at this point, but if it comes out like I envision, it'll be a real 'looker'.
Hopefully I can keep from overworking it.
I want to keep it bold and loose with bold colors and strong contrast.

I'm sure I have other paintings that I should post here, but that's going to have to be all for tonight.
It's late, and I've got to get to bed.
G'night everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home