Monday, August 11, 2008


I'm still playing around with oils, though I haven't updated this blog for some time.
Sorry, but real life seems to get in the way of Art.

Here's the most recent thing off of my easel. It's 11X14", oil on Masonite (GessoBoard).
I like working with oils.
I like the way they feel under my brush, and they're also more opaque than acrylics.
I just finished this one on Wednesday, and my wife just hates it.
Kind of depressing, 'cause I was pretty pleased with it.
Oh well.





Here's one that I did for a WetCanvas WDE a couple of weeks ago.
It's another "Cardboard Quicky" (approx 8X10"). but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
This one, along with a couple of previous pieces) kind of steered work in another direction.
I'm finding that I really like working on a smooth surface, like Masonite.
I also really enjoy working on a coat of black gesso, and working dark-to-light.
Makes my values really "pop", and the colors just "sing".
I'm going to experiment a bit more, but I think I've found my "niche".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home