Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I hope this works ..... I'm not very Blogger savy.
Rather than working on larger, more "finished" paintings, I've been concentrating on doing these small, informal sketches lately.
I call them my "cardboard quickies".
They're just for fun.
They're not intended fore sale, or for framing/hanging.
They're just little paintings done for my own enjoyment.
I find that they're a wonderful way to practice with various mediums and techniques without any pressure.
If I don't like the results, it's no great loss, and they're simply thrown out.
I'll use whatever cardboard I can find.
I sometimes I just cut up an old cardboard box and coat the pieces with acrylic gesso.
Recently I've been experementing with black gesso, and I think I like it!

5X5" oil on a CapriSun box












5X5" acrylic on a CapriSun box












6.75X7.75" oil on plain old (box) cardboard











8.5X11" oil on t-shirt cardboard










11X8,5" oil on t-shirt cardboard

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Moore said...

Steve, I sure hope you are not pitching these things you are doing on cardboard. They are good. I came here from wet canvas & the horns you just painted. It would be ashame for someone not to have these. Mary

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home